The Zimbabwe Intellectual Property Development Trust (ZIPDT), a non-profit making entity
was formed with a vision to become the centre of excellence for IP awareness creation and
advisory services, capacity building, sustainable utilization of IP and promotion of creativity
and innovation in Zimbabwe.
To foster greater appreciation of IP and create a conducive environment for IP development for IP generators through improved IP management systems for wealth creation and national development.
Pursuant to its strategic goal, the Trust will utilise seven strategic objectives that it aims to achieve, namely:
- To create and raise IP awareness
- To foster and build synergies for the development of a national IP ecosystem
- To create a platform for IP advocacy
- To provide world class IP services
- To facilitate technology transfer
- To build IP capacity at all levels